Revamped Blog

I decided that I need a blog so that I can document an upcoming trip and some of the ridiculous things that happen in my life. I seem to have a lot of them. When I went to start a blog I stumbled across this old one that I had years ago and decided to just revamp it. Reading over some of these old posts gave me a giggle and brought back many memories. I hope you will enjoy reading about my old and new adventures!

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Tommy the Troll

Today Mom and I were up by 7 and out on the streets by 8. I didn’t do the math on that till just recently. In Alberta time that means we were up by FOUR AM and on the harbour looking at ships by FIVE!
We saw so much! It has been a whirlwind. We went to a Maritime museum, walked the boardwalks, had a fancy lunch, got limo service to the RV center in a cushy Towne Car, got our motorhome, hung out at Peggy’s Cove, had lobster at the Shore Club in Hubbards, and made it to Lunenberg where we have seen nothing because it is SO DARK HERE!!!!
Mom is already snoozing and I just wanted to write a quick little something.
I’m sure glad I did my hair today. It looked soft and pretty for about 17 minutes. Humidity sucks.
The lady at the RV centre was sure to point out the sticker beside the steering wheel that says - CAUTION- HEIGHT 3.7 METRES! We were literally 8 minutes from the CANADREAM when i had to slam on the brakes because I realized the height of the little toll booth onto the bridge that I was seconds away from was 3.6m. A VERY nice man that we’ll call Tommy the Troll (because I imagine him as a very kindly troll living under the bridge collecting tolls from people trip-tropping over) stopped the traffic and made everyone move so I could get into the correct lane. He is our hero of the day and I wasn’t mortified at all...honest.
I don’t think I’m coming home. I will need to grow my hair really long and let it be wild, but oh... my heart might live here. Michael...pull up stakes and meet me at Peggy’s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm, you have to come home. Who would do my hair????
��