Revamped Blog

I decided that I need a blog so that I can document an upcoming trip and some of the ridiculous things that happen in my life. I seem to have a lot of them. When I went to start a blog I stumbled across this old one that I had years ago and decided to just revamp it. Reading over some of these old posts gave me a giggle and brought back many memories. I hope you will enjoy reading about my old and new adventures!

Monday, August 4, 2008

You can take the girl out of PA....

Today we moved again. We have left Red Deer and our good friends the Relkov's behind and our new address is the Hoodoo RV Resort in Drumheller. It was great to see Bob and Ali again and really hard to leave. We did leave them some blue bunnies to remember us by, so it's all good. Five years melted away and we caught right back up and had a great time. About half of the time, Abby and Becca were best friends, and the other half of the time they were youngest sibling six year olds which translates into screaming banshees.
Michael and I fought the whole way to Drumheller over stupid stuff. I guess it is bound to happen, but it still sucks. We are almost at six weeks full time on the road now. This is our first stop where we are not visiting friends or family and it actually feels like a bit of a vacation. We went wading in the river today. Tomorrow we will explore some more. We plan to go to the Dinosaur Museum at some point this week. After here we head back to the Red Deer area to Erskine to visit with the Hall's. Why the backtracking? I don't remember. It made sense at the time, but not so much anymore. I think I am just bitter about the crappy drive here today.
Michael is setting up the projector outside for our first open air movie of the year. Abby has a couple of friends coming to watch with her and hopefully there will be more that show up. The girls that she is playing with were being super nasty to her a while ago and she came home sobbing. Silly girls....you don't mess with the mama bear's baby! I lost it and stomped over to the playground. They quickly came over apologizing. Michael looked at me quizzically and said "Did you go over there and open up a can or what?" I just smiled and said "Well, you can take the girl out of PA, but you can't take the PA out of the girl!"

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

this is so cool traveling around for a year! great teaching opportunities.