Revamped Blog

I decided that I need a blog so that I can document an upcoming trip and some of the ridiculous things that happen in my life. I seem to have a lot of them. When I went to start a blog I stumbled across this old one that I had years ago and decided to just revamp it. Reading over some of these old posts gave me a giggle and brought back many memories. I hope you will enjoy reading about my old and new adventures!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Highs and Lows in Vancouver

Cool Things I Saw Today

1. Krispy Kreme Donuts. We had never been to one before and were very excited to see and try a famous Krispy Kreme Donut. Yeah....it's a donut. I enjoyed my Timmies cookie much more.
2. My Uncle Fred and Aunt Helen. He is my Grandma T's twin, or womb-mate as I like to call him. They are really interesting people with a great home in Boundary Bay about two blocks from the ocean. We went there for supper...sorry....dinner tonight and had a great time. Their house is filled with beautiful antiques and lots of little nik naks from their world travels.
3. The Ocean! I know it is probably not cool to be as impressed with the ocean as I am, but that's the way it is folks. I get a thrill whenever I see it!
4. A jelly fish! ok....so it was dead on the sand, but it was a first for me anyways! I totally
felt it too! It felt just like I have always thought it would. Like a huge gummy bear. I did not lick it, so I can't say if it tasted like one or not, but I would suspect not.
5. A Family of Raccoons! They ran across the road in front of the truck! I LOVE raccoons! One year when I was a kid, my Grandpa shot a raccoon that was hanging around his barn. About a week later, I was in the barn with the hired man's kids and we heard a noise and looked around and there was about five or six staggering little raccoons coming out of one of the abandoned stalls. It was so sad. I wanted to keep one as a pet and my mom later said that she would have let me, but Grandpa killed them all. I guess that being a farmer you don't want to encourage pests, but I have always found them to be fascinating creatures. My friends and I took the babies out into the back pasture and gave them a Christian Burial.

Not So Cool Things I Saw Today

1. The Photocopier At Staples. I stared at it for what felt like hours as we photocopied stacks and stacks of home school stuff. It was really boring and tedious and most of the kids hated it. Andrew had fun because he got to use a paper cutter.
2. The Jelly Fish Ripping in Half. Not so much a sight thing but a texture thing. I had it held up on a stick so that Andrew could take pictures and it just pulled apart from the weight. I could feel the flesh ripping apart. Still makes me queasy.
3. Blood Pouring Out of Abby's Mouth. She somehow smashed her face into a new stool that we bought while she was putting it away and put her teeth through her lip. It is terribly swollen and very difficult for her to talk. She tore the leather like top of the stool as well and I am pretty sure she will lose the tooth which is OK because it was one of the top baby ones that she would be losing soon anyway.
4. My Baby Getting Stitches in Her Mouth. OK...one stitch, but it was traumatic for me. She was a little trouper, and I may have promised her a new Hannah Montana outfit for being so brave. I hate it so much when the kids are hurt.. I wish it would just happen to me instead. I am so much more experienced at it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree , Krispy creams are gross ! I understand your excitment at the ocean. I still get excited when we go down and watch the big waves coe in or find a WHOLE sand dollar. Poor Abby, mabe she'll let you use her Hannah M. outfit too.-Shar

Spin Original said...

Hey Honey,

Sounds like some intersting times!! Sure is great to read about them. Did you start the home schooling yet??

Give Abby a hug for me.

Jennifer said...

huh?? krispy kreme is the best!! we LOVE it. we have one near us and we love getting them Hot and Now. right when they come out. they are ohhh soo gooey and good....lol