Revamped Blog

I decided that I need a blog so that I can document an upcoming trip and some of the ridiculous things that happen in my life. I seem to have a lot of them. When I went to start a blog I stumbled across this old one that I had years ago and decided to just revamp it. Reading over some of these old posts gave me a giggle and brought back many memories. I hope you will enjoy reading about my old and new adventures!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Only In British Columbia

Strange things happen in BC. I don’t know if I should be shocked by this, but I kinda am. It started out in Penticton when I went to the hemp store. Now, any hemp store that I have been to in Saskatchewan just sells things made of hemp and they don’t do much talking about drugs. In BC, this is not the case. The store in question did not actually sell pot, but they gave a lot of lessons in its uses, paraphernalia, where to buy it, what grade of pot people have previously bought and the like. Unfortunately, when the lesson started and I realized what kind of store I was in, I was already naked…because I was trying on clothes in the change room… and could not beat an extremely hasty retreat. So, Abby got a bit of an education that day.

Yesterday, we went to White Rock. It is near Vancouver. It is a beautiful little city with a great wharf and pier and other nautical sounding things. It actually reminded me a whole lot of Puerto Vallarta. While we were there, we saw a dog in a snugly. You know…the little backpack deally for carrying babies in… but this one had a pampered pooch in it. Then we started down the pier and at the end of it found that a young boy had caught a shark with a fishing rod. He threw it back eventually but it did not look too healthy. I could not believe the amount of people that were still swimming with it right there in the water. It had taken a chunk out of the Grandpa’s hand, so maybe they thought it was full. We watched a number of people that were crab fishing and that was really cool till I got attacked by a spastic Chihuahua. I soooo wanted to kick it off the pier and let the shark have its way with it. But I exercised restraint. When we were driving away from White Rock we also saw a clown riding a Motorbike and a dog in a doggy wheelchair.

A few days ago we went to Port Roberts for our first foray into the states. While there, we were enthusiastically welcomed by a large group of home schoolers who were camping there to celebrate not going back to school. They mistakenly thought that we were camping with them. They were very very friendly and we kinda wished we were camping there. While at that beach, Abby got very excited because she thought that she could see a sea turtle. Then she decided it must be a dog. When Matt and I finally figured out what she was looking at we realized that it was a seal hanging out on the dock. My poor Saskatchewan baby…

But the icing on the BC weirdness cake has to be the group that we are currently camped beside in Langford on Vancouver Island. They are full timers and have been for the past two years. They have been sitting outside singing and playing original folk music for about three hours now. At one point we sent Matt out to play the tambourine with them. And by we, of course I mean I sent him out and my darling husband protested. It has now grown into a multi campsite, bilingual sing-a-long and as far as I can tell, they have spent a lot of time at the hemp store because they are singing the praises of various types of drugs very enthusiastically. Glory be…they went for more beer! What songs and stories will we be blessed with now? Fortunately there is only an hour and a half till quiet time! Maybe I will get up and sing some praise music in the morning before school!

3 comments:

Michael and Sharlene McDonald said...

Welcome to BC. When we lived on the Island in our 2 1/2 years there I saw countless people smokin dope- in cars, on sidewalks, at beaches- wherever...

I fully concur you all should start your day at 6am with 30 minutes to an hour of praise and worship and a short message as well.

or, depending on how long they go after "quiet time"... start at 5:30! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL!!
CAn't type v!!
Laughing TOO HARD !!
LOL!!!!
GOT TO GO PEEE !!!!
LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Shar

Spin Original said...

Sounds like quite an adventure!! WOW!!

I've been to the pier at White Rock... it's beautiful!!!