Revamped Blog

I decided that I need a blog so that I can document an upcoming trip and some of the ridiculous things that happen in my life. I seem to have a lot of them. When I went to start a blog I stumbled across this old one that I had years ago and decided to just revamp it. Reading over some of these old posts gave me a giggle and brought back many memories. I hope you will enjoy reading about my old and new adventures!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Get Your Earrings Ready, Aunty!

We ventured out today and saw some amazing things!
-You can buy beer in WalMart. Weird. I really don't even have anything else to say about this. Oh wait...I always have something to say. I take my kids to WalMart. Everyone knows that WalMart is Tina's Happy Place. Beer does not make Tina happy. There were people pulling up to WalMart drinking beer. One can only assume that they needed refills and were just popping in for a pint or two. Again I say: wierd. In case you are confused by my confusion, in Canada you can only buy alcohol at liquor stores. Not WalMart, Safeway, or the Shell station on the corner.
-The Glass Bridge. I had a Tina Moment and thought that it would be a bridge made entirely of glass. I was mistaken. It is BETTER! WAY better! It is a pedestrian bridge over a freeway in Tacoma. It leads from the Washington Art Museum and History Museum across to the Glass Museum. On the bridge there are all kinds of Glass displays that are on loan from the museum. They are huge beautiful collections of art that have to be seen to be believed. If I know how to link to some pics I would. We plan to go back and see the Glass Museum so perhaps I can add photos after that. Or you could Google it.
-My daughter is gorgeous. She and I went to a Bridal Boutique where she tried on tons of flower girl dresses. I seriously had a tear or two. She got all shy and could barely even talk. The funny thing is that she was not shy because of other people being around; she was just awed by the beauty of the gowns and the awesome privilege of being able to wear one. She has decided to be a singer when she grows up, but informed me that it will not be all soft and gentle songs, but that she wants to sing Rock Star songs like Miley/Hanna. Get your earrings ready Aunty!
-Jesus Invented Pumpkin Spice Latte's. As I took my first sip Michael looked at me and said "You are singing it right now, aren't you?" Sure enough, the song "Heaven, I'm in Heaven" was floating through my mind. We discussed whether it was sacrilegious for me to say that they were invented by Jesus, but we decided that it was not and we have biblical proof in the form of the verse "Every good and perfect gift comes from you." I can not remember the verse address, but it really fits, and on today, a particularly lonely and gift needing day, it was indeed a perfect gift and I gave thanks!

5 comments:

Spin Original said...

You're funny!

Glad you enjoyed the latte - wish I was there to enjoy it with you...

Love you and miss you. Love reading about your days away and I'm very thankful you started a blog!!

Jennifer said...

lol. yea you can buy beer here..hmmm, lets see..everywhere. i wish it was like you said about canada. only being able to buy it at a liquor store.

Michael and Sharlene McDonald said...

If you likes the pumpkin latte just wait till closer to Christmas when Starbucks has gingerbread latte.

Sounds like a little girl dream of ultimate dress up !

Hug Hug !
Sharlene

Anonymous said...

AND let's not forget Egg Nog Latte's. Fall is the season to shop Starbuck's.

Tina Sauers said...

the gingerbread fantasy...as i like to think of it...is my ultimate fave. fortunately it is not extremely popular in PA and i was able to get it for several post christmas months!