Revamped Blog

I decided that I need a blog so that I can document an upcoming trip and some of the ridiculous things that happen in my life. I seem to have a lot of them. When I went to start a blog I stumbled across this old one that I had years ago and decided to just revamp it. Reading over some of these old posts gave me a giggle and brought back many memories. I hope you will enjoy reading about my old and new adventures!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sickness, Solitude and Sore Butt Syndrome

It sucks to be sick in a camper. I don't know about you, but when I am sick I just want to hide away all alone and wallow in my own filth. Usually I am not a fan of filth, but when I am sick I feel no desire to beautify. Sometimes a nice hot bath or can be soothing, but usually it just makes the fever worse, increases dizziness and then you stumble, fall backwards out of the tub, pull the shower curtain down knock the rod loose, crack your head on the porcelain thrown... I'm sure it has happened to everyone, right!? And then to make matters worse, when you are still reeling from the head hitting the toilet bit the rod comes down on you too.
I think the fever made me lose my train of thought there for a bit. As I was saying, for me, sickness craves solitude. Have you any idea how difficult it is to be solitary in a tiny space with five people in it? Does anyone have air miles burning a hole in their pocket and want to spend them on a nice little B&B in Victoria for me?
Michael ended up teaching by himself today. Poor guy! Although I got out of teaching today (read: was sent to bed for extreme grouchiness) my day was far from a walk in the park. I have an unusual symptom with this cold. My butt hurts. It really really hurts. It hurts in the bones! It hurts to sit, to lay on my back, to lean on it when laying on my side. What, pray tell is wrong with my butt?
Is it as my dad has said all along? Could it be? Say it ain't so! Am I a pain in the butt?

4 comments:

Spin Original said...

I don't think YOU are a pain in the butt - I think you HAVE a pain in the butt. Or, maybe 4 of them!! ;)

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Are you spending lots of time in the truck travelling? Could be a sciatic pain...If you're travelling lots you're going to have to do lots of stretches.

If you're not travelling so much, I don't know what "bottom line" is!!

If you were still back here, I'd make you come over and help me can more tomatoes. That'd do your butt a lot of good, I'm sure.

Tina Sauers said...

I enjoy canning, so that would be no problem! does not feel like sciatic pain, more of a burning in my sit bones. sigh. I just keep icing it. i think chocolate might help.

Jennifer said...

hey tina, glad you're enjoying my blog. you can just click the follower button on the side bar and it should add it for ya :) hope that helps