Revamped Blog

I decided that I need a blog so that I can document an upcoming trip and some of the ridiculous things that happen in my life. I seem to have a lot of them. When I went to start a blog I stumbled across this old one that I had years ago and decided to just revamp it. Reading over some of these old posts gave me a giggle and brought back many memories. I hope you will enjoy reading about my old and new adventures!

Friday, September 12, 2008

Job Opening- Start Immediately-No Pay-No Benefits!

So after nine days of home school, I have come to an important realization. It is a very good thing that I dropped out of University after a halfhearted attempt to become a teacher. I am a very good Hairstylist. Teacher...not so much.
Perhaps it comes from trying to teach my own children. Maybe I would do better with other people's children. This statement, although, raises the question: Who would want their children to be my guinea pigs?
People keep telling me that the first six weeks of home school are the hardest. SIX WEEKS! You have got to be kidding me! This is not going to get better for SIX WEEKS! The next person to tell me this MAY experience the violent side of Tina!
I wonder if it would be too disruptive for the kids to be enrolled in schools for two week time periods? Maybe.
All of these thoughts have led me to believe that it is time to post a job offer.
WANTED:
Person to Home School my Three Lovely Children
The successful applicant (hereafter known as Sucker) will:
- Be exceedingly patient. Sucker will not be prone to outbursts even after Sucker has said "The answer is "c". Say "c" and the child says "b".
-Be able to successfully school my three children in 3 hours or less every week day. Sucker will not come to me for help and will not need to assign homework because everything will be done in class. This frees up my afternoons to be able to have fun time with the kiddies.
-Not mind feeding the children their breakfast. This allows me to catch up on much needed sleep as I will be exhausted from all of the fun afternoons. Sucker will also provide a healthy and tasty lunch on days that end in "ay".
-Not live with us, travel with us, eat with us or interact much with us at all. Sucker will not be paid for this job but will do it willingly.
Interested applicants need not apply. You are hired! Just come and join us on the road and start your duties immediately...PLEASE!

No comments: